Saturday 16 May 2015

Black Hole Red Kite

It seemed as if my birding day was over last night at 6:30 so I headed back toward Black Hole Marsh car park. Along the track I bumped into Chris, a visitor from the Bristol area who's often about this time of year. As we stopped and chatted I saw a suspicious-looking large bird appearing through the murk. Not much colour could be seen as it was very overcast. However, it had whitish patches in the right place and a very long, deeply forked tail which told me it was a Red Kite. Only my second ever at BHM (although I've seen a couple more on Patch) which was adequate reward for hanging on and hoping. Earlier I had an LRP, 3 Dunlin and 2 Gadwall on BHM and there were lots of Reed Warblers about by the FSB and along track to Tower Hide. I'm out of time right now so no pics today but I'll post more on Monday. Have a Week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment