Wednesday 24 June 2015

Seaton Wetlands 23/06/15

Kingfisher, B.H.M., 23/06/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I visited Black Hole and Tower hide last night without my DSLR. Even so, I phonescoped a couple of things. There was a Sparrowhawk perched just 10 metres from this Kingfisher so I hope it got away. I looked through the BHGs and noticed a 1st Summer Mediterranean Gull with them...                          
Med Gull 1st Summer, Axe Estuary, 23/06/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
1st Summer Med Gull, Axe Estuary, 23/06/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
1st Sum Med Gull, Axe Estuary, 23/06/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Med Gull 1stS, Axe Estuary, 23/06/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Excellent stuff, we usually get juvs or 1st/ 2nd Winters plus adults. A first summer was a real treat! I also noticed we still have a Gadwall among the myriad Mallards on the estuary. Curlew and Redshank numbers are already increasing so Autumn can't be far away now...

No comments:

Post a Comment