Thursday 12 February 2015

Local Sightings 11th Feb 2015


Well a text from T White that 2 Black Swans had flown over Colyton made me think there might be some wildfowl movement in the light Easterly winds. I looked from the A3052 first and saw 50 Fieldfare but no new wildfowl or the 30 Golden Plover which were present on Monday. I drove around to the Farm Gate and then things started to happen. Two Pintail were circling about then went down out of sight- my first on patch of 2015. Then a passer-by said he thought he'd possibly seen a couple of Whitefronts on the Estuary. I checked where he said but no Whitefronts- maybe he saw 2 of the 7 Greylags that were fresh in and on the West Bank North of Tower hide. I checked Seaton Marshes and had 7 Shoveler plus a 2nd Winter Med Gull which headed towards the Tramsheds. Not a bad day by recent standards!
Shoveler ( Copyright T D Wright )
                   
Pintail ( Copyright T D Wright )
Great Spotted Woodpecker ( Copyright TD Wright )
      I like the way a Shoveler can feed and still keep a lookout. Note its eye above the water!   
Shoveler ( Copyright T D Wright )
Golden Plovers ( Copyright T D Wright )

No comments:

Post a Comment