Thursday 29 January 2015

Walking in the Dark

With daylight hours so short at this time of year and weather so changeable, it can be difficult for someone like me to get his exercise. Therefore, I sometimes take a walk at dusk, or even after dark if the rain's stopped and the wind dies down. One of the added benefits of this is to hear, and even see, some nocturnal wildlife. Colyton can offer some nice surprises.           
Tawny Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
Tawny Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
More often heard than seen, I have occasionally glimpsed the local Tawnies by streetlight in the middle of the night from my window. This rare opportunity to photograph one in daylight was probably a once-only experience.           
Tawny Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
Don't worry, I didn't disturb it. It was still there when I left...                        
Tawny Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
Tawny Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
Going back a few months, we had Little Owls showing during the Summer and Autumn.                    
           
Little Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
Little Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )    





No comments:

Post a Comment