Wednesday 28 January 2015

Reviewing 2014 The Last of Lesvos!

Ruppell's Warbler ( Copyright T D Wright )
Snake-eyed Lizard ( Copyright T D Wright )
Yes, it's very small that's why I blew it up to the max! I wish I'd photographed more of the non-avian wildlife on Lesvos as there are Scarce and Southern Swallowtails there plus Persian Squirrels of which I saw many. One disappointment was Med. Monk Seal but they are getting very rare now according to Steve Dudley's book. Still, it's good to have something to go back for- I saw Yelkouan and Scopoli's Shearwaters from the West of the island but a boat trip would be a good idea next time as you really want to see why they're not Manx or Cory's, don't you?               
Beautiful Greek Girl ( Copyright T D Wright )
This young lady worked at the Hotel and was marvellous, bringing me a jug of low-fat milk each morning and looking after all the birders that were staying ( yes, there were lots of us). Those of you who like 'reflective' shots should appreciate this one! Before you ask, yes I did ask her permission to take a few pix. This candid shot was nice but then she spotted me...              
Beautiful Greek Girl ( Copyright T D Wright )
And posed nicely...              
Beautiful Greek Girl ( Copyright T D Wright )
If only the wildlife was so co-operative. I sent her copies of these pix so she got something for her trouble. I hope to return to Lesvos but there are so many other places to visit. If anybody wants to donate money to my Fighting Fund ( 'Tim needs a holiday' un-registered charity) I would be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment