Saturday 9 May 2015

Night Heron pics

Night Heron ( Copyright TD Wright )
I took a look from the Farm Gate yesterday. Nothing much, I thought. Then my phone got a message from Ian McLean saying there was a Night Heron from Tower hide. I could see said hide from where I was but not this bird, so I drove round to the car park and marched down the track to be confronted with Ian&Sue Smith photographing the legendary 'plastic bag' tree. The cracking bird, with breeding plumes attached, was snoozing just 10m from the track. The branches got in the way but the photos aren't bad I suppose...                                                                                                
Night Heron ( Copyright TD Wright )
Phonescoping was probably better than my DSLR! See below...                                                      
Night Heron ( Copyright TD Wright )
Night Heron ( Copyright TD Wright )
Night Heron ( Copyright TD Wright )
Still, great to get one here after an absence of 9 years I was told. A patch first for me, right after my Colyton Cranes on BHM! (That's Bank Holiday Monday not Black Hole Marsh) Keep 'em comin', that's what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment