Tuesday 5 May 2015

Apologies for Returning

I'm back in Devon now and have succeeded in annoying people already! I got back late on Saturday and the first thing I did was cajole Karen and Kev into giving me a lift to Meare Heath in Somerset to see the Hudsonian Godwit, which I seem to have got on its very last day-jammy blogger that I am! I couldn't help going on about Lesvos and suchlike so Karen decided to leave early and dump me back in Colyton as I was getting on her nerves. Thanks for the lift Karen! I didn't have my car as it's once again in need of attention. Yes, I should've scrapped it when it failed its MOT in Jan. but we all make mistakes. So, Bank Holiday Monday saw me taking a walk along the Coly to Heathayne farm/ Ratshole gate area. Lots of Hirundines present, especially House Martins but Sandies 'n' Swallows too. Satisfied with that, and keen to get back in out of the rain, I walked back along the road. At 2:30pm, I saw 3 large birds in the air, and whilst looking at them just with bins ( I was birding au naturel ) I realised that they were Cranes! Holy Cow, I exclaimed. Another self-found Colyton tick! They circled low three times, then headed off SW behind the trees on the hill. No pics I'm afraid, but I'm told that Phil caught up with them which should help his patch yearlist, eh? Oh well, what can I post then picturewise?
ColyTram ( Copyright T D Wright )
Spring has brought these back out in force. Wild times!

1 comment:

  1. Yes thats right Tim I phoned bun at 14.30 when they were over Colyford then you text me 10 mins later.

    ReplyDelete