Thursday 16 July 2015

Late Late Black Hole Show

Mediterranean & Black-headed Gulls, BHM, 15/07/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I wasn't sure if it was worth it last night, as there wasn't much daylight left, but I had a brief look at BHM and was glad that I did. The Greenshank, Green Sand., Blackwits, Lapwings and Dunlins were still about, plus 2 Little Ringed Plovers near Island Hide. I was also delighted to see that there had been an influx of Med Gulls, with at least a dozen birds of various ages. I only took phonescoped shots at dusk, so the quality isn't great, but other locals have been down there this morning so some nice pictures are available on Steve Waite's Axe Birding blog. It's a good opportunity to familiarise yourself with this species, almost as good as Copt Point, Folkestone used to be in my Kentish days...                                                                                
Mediterranean Gulls+ BH Gulls, BHM, 15/07/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Little Ringed Plovers, BHM ,15/07/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Med Gull, BHM,15/07/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )

No comments:

Post a Comment