Monday 2 March 2015

March of the Gulls? contd.

Iceland Gull ( Copyright T D Wright )
Iceland Gull ( Copyright T D Wright )
Well, after a very quiet February for the Axe gull-watchers what an amazing contrast March could turn out to be. It all kicked off on Sunday 1st when Phil found a First-winter Iceland by Coronation Corner. By the time I joined him he'd lost it and bade me adieu. Typical, I thought. However, I decided to keep looking and flock-my-old-boots there it suddenly was. It seemed to be quite fidgety, moving around and needing to be relocated by every new birder that arrived. Eventually, the incoming tide moved most of the birds off the Estuary but I managed to grab a few of those dreaded 'record shots' which I now inflict upon you all. As the saying goes, "At least you can see what it is"!                              
Iceland Gull ( Copyright T D Wright )   

1 comment:

  1. Nice one Tim/Davey! In your top pic is that an adult Med Gull on the right with its wing tips dipped in the water? Or is it just a moulting Black head

    ReplyDelete