Tuesday 10 March 2015

Local Sightings 6-10th March ( Phonescoped Stuff )

Me ( Copyright T D Wright )
Here I am expressing my delight having just enjoyed more views of male and female Firecrest at Seaton Hole on Saturday. The Springlike weather and rumours of migrants made me optimistic so I ought to have been disappointed to see only overwintering species, but when the quality is this good who cares?
Black Redstart ( Copyright T D Wright )
I ventured down the steps after the Clinton Way goodies, and was thrilled to connect with one of our Black Redstarts 'on the rocks', just the way I like 'em. The Patch coastline has been like a Ronnie O'Sullivan snooker commentary this winter - BlackRedBlackRedBlackRed -which is great as I rank this species as more aesthetically pleasing than Wheatear so who needs them anyway.                                         

Black Redstart ( Copyright T D Wright )
Black Redstart ( Copyright T D Wright )
Fulmars were 'billing and cooing' on the cliffs...                                           
Fulmars ( Copyright T D Wright )
Here is some video footage of them pair-bonding...  next post is DSLR pics for same period.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment