Thursday 7 April 2016

White Wags

White Wagtail, Colyton Water Treatment Works, 06/04/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Once again I have to apologise for the poor photographs but maybe I'll delete this post once I'm sure all the locals have read it! Cycling home last evening along Cownhayne dodging the muck trucks I was delighted to see at least 2 White Wagtails among the Pieds. They were a bit flighty and that field is quite big, plus some of the birds were nipping over the road a bit. A Song Thrush joined them out in the open but otherwise it was largely corvids that were enjoying the 'feast'. Anyway, the above picture at least shows the grey rump and contrast between black nape and pale grey mantle.               
White Wagtail, Colyton WTW, 06/04/16 ( Copyright TDW )
This pic shows the paleness of the flanks & breast-sides. I also had a Sandwich Tern fly down the estuary again at 18:15. That's about all I can add for yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment