Wednesday 4 January 2017

Deja Vu Birding Part the Third

Least Sandpiper & Wood Sandpiper, Black Hole Marsh, 03/08/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
Least Sandpiper, Black Hole Marsh, 03/08/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
Least Sandpiper, Black Hole Marsh, 03/08/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
Bird of the year has to be my Least Sandpiper on BHM. Having predicted a rarity on Patch it's always very satisfying to be proven correct one day. When a few 'know-it-alls' told you "No, that's a freshwater species we won't get that here" it's especially pleasing to see it spending lots of time on your local very salty 'brackish' lagoon as well! The feelings of Deja Vu I get whenever one of these 'experts' pours scorn on what I'm saying merely motivates me to keep birding; so "it's all good" as the young folks say. Our next American 'peep'? I suppose that could be Western Sandpiper - but when?

No comments:

Post a Comment