Wednesday 4 January 2017

Blue Rock Thrush

Blue Rock Thrush, Stow-on-the-Wold, 29/12/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
Blue Rock Thrush, Stow-on-the-Wold, 29/12/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
As I think I already mentioned I rented a car for the Xmas/New Year period. Partly because the bus service at that time of year is often non-existent. The other reason of course was to enjoy some days out and a change-of-scene break from my local area. News of a BR Thrush got KH texting me again and as it was only in Gloucestershire I agreed to a day out up there. The bird showed well enough for photographs and we wondered why the bird looked like it might be an immature as the Birdguides website seems to be calling it an adult male. The ones I've seen in Spain and Greece were certainly brighter blue and not obviously barred on the breast like this one. However, they were Spring birds so maybe this one's just in winter plumage. Looks like a 1st Winter male though...
Blue Rock Thrush,Stow-on-the-Wold,29/12/16(Copyright T D Wright)
Blue Rock Thrush, Stow-on-the-Wold, 29/12/16 (Copyright T D Wright)

No comments:

Post a Comment