Thursday 24 November 2016

Seaton Marshes 24/11/16

I walked around SM this afternoon and didn't see any phylloscs let alone the Dusky as the cold North wind was stronger than anticipated and hampered progress around Borrow Pit. In a sheltered spot by the car park there were several tits, finches and Blackbirds but nothing exciting. Sadly, the quartet of Great Spotted Woodpeckers that I've enjoyed around Borrow Pit & Merchants Lane lately seems to have been reduced to a trio as I found one moribund along the lane. From the hide I saw 4 Dunlin fly up the estuary but only the usual Wigeon, Teal, gulls etc otherwise. On my way back to the Underfleet a number of gulls had gathered in that corner of Sheep's Marsh and I managed an adult Mediterranean Gull which was as good as it got.

No comments:

Post a Comment