Tuesday 15 September 2015

Seaton Sightings 11 - 14th Sept

Whimbrel, BHM, ( Copyright T D Wright )
Whinchat, Beer Head, 12/09/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Barn Owl, BHM, ( Copyright T D Wright )
Sorry it's all phonescoped stuff just now but I got fed up lugging the DSLR around, what with back pain etc. . There's been a few chats around, a Wheatear at Seaton Marshes again today. At least 2 Barn Owls, one seems to like Boshill cross area. We had a few new waders yesterday, Little Ringed Plover BHM and Ringed Plovers at various locations, 8 from Seaton marshes hide again today being my biggest count. The Yellow Wagtails 'in with the cows' at SM seem to have moved on but were performing nicely on 11th & 12th...                                                                                        
Yellow Wagtails, Seaton Marshes, 11/09/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
We've also had Knot, Turnstone and new Green Sandpipers plus up to 3 Little Stint although I only saw 2 myself. Wigeon numbers reached double figures with 11 from SM hide, and a Common Tern juv. put in a late appearance on Saturday on BHM. Insect-wise, I saw a Southern Hawker at Seaton Hole on 12th, where lots of butterflies were also showing well. By the FSB, we've had more Migrant Hawkers to add to the species I mentioned last time, and I can confirm Azure Damselfly as I got these pics of one...                                                                                                           
Azure Damselfly, Stafford Marsh ( Copyright T D Wright )
Zooming it up, you can see the 'tuning-fork' on the thorax...                                                                   
Azure Damselfly, Stafford Marsh ( Copyright T D Wright )
More to come, I've run out of time for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment