Tuesday 4 August 2015

Quiet Weekend

Yellow-legged Gull, Axe Estuary, Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
You've seen these YL Gull pix before but it was fun to put them into this format. Anyhow, the weekend was disappointing on BHM as I'm only too aware that certain people in North Kent were having all the waders at Oare Marshes that we hope for at this time of year! What's wrong with the Devon/Dorset borderlands? Oh well, we'll get them by the end of this month I suppose...                                             
Gatekeeper, BHM, 01/08/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Gatekeeper,BHM, 01/08/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I amused myself with insects...but failed to get the Emperor dragonfly in flight. The Juv Med got DSLR-ed though...  are the results any better than phonescoping I ask myself ? Sorry if I sound despondent but I expected a little more wader movement to start August off. Thirteen Dunlin and a Whimbrel on the estuary were OK, but where are the Wood or Curlew sands? Soon, Igor, soon.                                                                                                                            
Med Gull, BHM, 01/08/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )            

No comments:

Post a Comment