Wednesday 12 August 2015

New Waders In BHM 11th-12th August '15

Wood Sandpiper, BHM, 11/08/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Just as I was heading down to BHM yesterday I got a text from Phil saying we'd finally been delivered of a Wood Sand, plus a Turnstone. Both showed nicely from Island Hide as did Snipe, Sedge Warbler and Water Rail. No juvenile Rails that I've noticed yet even though last night I saw 3 adults, the others being from the 'Walters' mound and on the Estuary N of the tower. I had Greenshank on the estuary too...                                       
Greenshank, Seaton , Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
Greenshank, Seaton, Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
Greenshank, Seaton, Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
Turnstone, Seaton, Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
Turnstone, Seaton, Devon ( Copyright T D Wright )
These Turnstone pics are not of last night's bird but of our long-stayer from last year, by the way. It looks much the same, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment