Tuesday 13 September 2016

Rock Buntings

Rock Bunting, Extremadura, May '16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Before going to Spain, I couldn't find any mention of this cracking Bunting species for the Extremaduran sites I planned to visit in the birdwatching guides to the region. I can only suppose that they assume that everyone is more interested in the big birds- Bustards, Eagles & Vultures- therefore passerines are not worthy of attention?! I thought I might have to travel to Andalusia to see Rock Bunts! However, whilst waiting for the Swifts to show, I noticed them hopping around just below me. Brilliaaant! I saw more of them at several locations without going out of my way to see them. Cheesy-peasy...                                               
Rock Bunting, Extremadura, May '16 ( Copyright T D Wright )

No comments:

Post a Comment