Thursday 15 September 2016

Red-backed Shrike Beer Head

Well that Son-of-a-Bun struck birding gold this morning by unblocking RB Shrike for Beer Head and the Patch area to boot. A 1st Winter bird but a really nice one, strong markings and colouration plus it showed brilliantly well. A long journey for me with no car- 2 buses then a long uphill walk from Beer Underleys! I thought my heart would give out but I survived the climb and was distracted by at least 7 Yellow Wagtails before locating the Shrike. After watching it grab a big ol' cricket I grabbed some phonescoped video and here's a couple of clips. I also thought some people might like the clip of Shags and Cormorants as it provides a nice comparison between the two. I couldn't carry my DSLR up there today but if it's there tomorrow I may substitute my scope for the camera ensemble thus producing better quality images!

No comments:

Post a Comment