Tuesday 27 March 2018

LRP 2

Little Ringed Plover, BHM, 25/03/2018 (Copyright T D Wright)
Belated blogging again I'm afraid but the weekend wasn't bad as several migrants put in an appearance on the Axe. Two Sandwich Terns by Coronation Corner were being watched by IM as I arrived at Tower hide on Saturday 24th. Then, 3 Wheatear were on Coly Common boardwalk late on. On Sunday 25th I managed to find my 2nd LRP this Spring, on BHM from Tower hide. The 2 Gadwall were still there as well. From CC hide, only 2 Wheatear on Sunday and they were beyond the scrape from the hide.
                Today, IMc seems to be having a Purple Patch as he had a real Patch Mega off Spot On - a Black-necked Grebe! No records of this for at least 7 years so I'm gutted that I'm somewhere else today and can't get down there, especially as he's followed that with an Iceland Gull just a stone's throw away by the tramsheds! A double whammy for me unless they stick around  (fat chance!).

No comments:

Post a Comment