Friday 17 March 2017

House Martins 16/03/17

A 10-minute walk from Seaton town along the path to Seaton Marshes with bins only is not what you'd expect to produce very much. Yet, at 17:30 Thursday evening I saw my first 2 House Martins of the year, a full 11 days earlier than last year - and I thought that was early! I'm not sure if they're the same 2 SW had earlier in the day; they were suddenly joined by 30 Sand Martin which appeared from nowhere so these diurnal migrants keep pushing through. A cluster of 6 egrets on Sheep's Marsh looked suspicious but without my scope I couldn't be sure if they were Cattles...but Steve had 6 going to roost about 20 mins. later after I'd hopped on my bus so maybe they were. IM had a Wheatear and a Black Redstart at Branscombe this morning plus 4 RT Diver so things are getting going. I checked on Colcombe near Colyton this morning at 10a.m. from Rosemary Lane and could see 3 Cattle Egrets but in order to get an exact count I need to try a better vantage point. Would be nice to see 6 together there...

No comments:

Post a Comment