Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Twilight Zone

Barnacle Goose, Coly Common, 11/10/16(Copyright TD Wright)
I'm hotfoot from Coly Common hide where all I saw was the Barnacle Goose. Earlier, Tower Hide was more fruitful with Ruff, Grey Plover, 2ndWinter Med Gull & 6 Common Gulls. Last evening, just before dusk, I saw a distant wader from Tower hide which looked very like a Long-billed Dowitcher! It disappeared into vegetation and despite looking for it today I couldn't find it again. Maybe when the tides get bigger it will be pushed onto BHM or Coly Common. Otherwise, Ian Mc reported a YB Warbler from Seaton Hole today so I need to find my own one soon. Come on Colyton...

1 comment:

  1. Haha - this post title should so be the title of your blog!! Love it. And just to let you know I spent 45 mins in the Tower Hide from dawn this morning, nothing with a big bill sadly (Ruff, 5 Dunlin, 3 Ringos).

    ReplyDelete