Saturday 8 October 2016

Great White 07/10/2016


Great White Egret, Axe Estuary, 07/10/2016 (Copyright T D Wright)
The lucky run continues! I stopped by Black Hole Marsh late yesterday and was amazed to see a G.W.Egret flying about. It went down on the estuary so I rushed to Tower Hide where 'Commie' Chris told me there was nothing about! "Well, there's a Great White Egret behind you" I said. I shan't type all of his swearwords but he was pleased to see it eventually, along with the Barnacle Goose, Grey Plover, Ruff and Barwit. For once, I had my camera with me but the light was terrible so these hastily grabbed shots (it flew off towards the sea) will have to do. I also took some phonescoped video which I'm having trouble transferring to here...                                                                
Great White Egret, Axe Estuary, 07/10/2016 (Copyright T D Wright)
Great White Egret, Axe Estuary, 07/10/2016 (Copyright T D Wright)
I've noticed an increase in Chiffs, Crests and small birds generally along the lanes so it's got to be likely we'll get a more interesting waif quite soon. Keep Birding!

No comments:

Post a Comment