Wednesday 30 March 2016

Willow Emeralds & Cranes



Willow Emerald, Boyton Marshes, Suffolk, 03/10/2011 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Willow Emerald, Boyton, Suffolk 03/10/2011 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I hope the poor quality of these images is forgivable but I looked them up on my phone after seeing Steve Waite's Twitter feed beside his blog today.The insect world seems even more dynamic than that of birds sometimes.Fascinating stuff. The reason I was in Suffolk in October 2011 was slightly larger though...      
Sandhill Crane, Boyton, Suffolk, 03/10/11 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Sandhill Crane, Boyton, Suffolk 03/10/11 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Sandhill Crane, Boyton, Suffolk, 03/10/11 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Sandhill Crane, Boyton, Suffolk 03/10/11 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I have to say that Cranes are always good value. People have been asking me about the Demoiselle in Cumbria just now, but I saw one on Lesvos last year and there was one in Surrey when I still lived 'up country' so I don't think I'll be driving up the M5 & M6 any time soon! The British ones are usually considered to be escapes anyway; nevertheless, I'd enjoy an escaped D.C. if it pitched up here in Axe-land. Those 3 Common Cranes I had fly over Colyton last year were probably 'plastic' too - part of this re-introduction programme - yet they're still magnificent Cranes...

No comments:

Post a Comment