Wednesday 30 March 2016

Easter Titbits

Redpoll, Seaton Marshes, Good Friday '16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Whilst the weather was still benign I decided to get about on GF. I started with LRP on Bridge Marsh, where I also had a female Wheatear beside the Coly and a couple more Swallows. From Tower Hide I had a 2nd LRP on the estuary. At Seaton Marshes, this Redpoll plus the Ibis & GW Teal still remained. A couple of distant male Wheatears on Sheep's Marsh added some colour, as did a superb adult Med Gull from the hide.  On Easter Sunday I had to walk in the rain thanks to a puncture and no bike shops open but Cownhayne proved productive with 20 Sand Martins along the track running East from Cownhayne itself. Further down, the field next to Colyton Water Treatment Works yielded a White Wagtail among the Pieds. At the A3052 Axe bridge I then saw my first House Martin of 2016, albeit briefly. On Monday, I dodged the rain showers again but saw only greater numbers of Sand Martin & Swallow and little else. Not as exciting as Easter 2015 was, eh?                                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for your comment Tim,i think your image looks great.
    John.

    ReplyDelete