Monday 4 January 2016

Not Another Black Redstart!

Well it's been a corking start to 2016. On Saturday, I had a 1stWinter Black Redstart at the Yacht Club but today - literally just now - I did even better with a stunning male Black Redstart at Seafield Gardens. What a superb Start! Yes, the punning will remain for 2016. As for 2015, it ended in fine style for me when I dropped in at Colyton Water Treatment Works on 27th December and had a fine male Firecrest among a throng of small birds then 3 Barnacle Geese which Phil Abbott had reported. Yesterday, I couldn't get to there as Cownhayne was flooded so I scanned the 'fields' next to the Axe and had lots of Fieldfare plus the astonishing sight of an Otter fishing in broad daylight in the temporary floods. It did OK too, catching what looked like an eel and munching away. Only my 2nd Patch Otter in 4 years. Welcome to the New Year...

No comments:

Post a Comment