Tuesday 5 January 2016

Great Whites (x2)

Another walk along Cownhayne today produced nothing new but with the flooding subsided I got through to the A3052 and scanned Bridge Marsh. No ducks except Mallards but then I panned across to the raised bank beside the Coly and was amazed to see 2 Great White Egrets sticking their bendy necks above the 'parapet'. Their massive yellow bills had me texting everyone but whilst doing so I lost them. I don't think they flew but even if they did, they can't have gone far. Let's hope they're still around in the morning for people to see. Ian Mc & Phil joined me but no luck for them sadly. IM gave me a lift to BHM where the Glossy Ibis showed from Tower Hide. Cheers Ian!                            
Colyton Flooding 3/01/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
This was the confluence of the Coly & Umbrook on Sunday. Never seen it like this before.                
Colyton Flooding 03/01/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Colyton Flooding 03/01/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
And above you can see the Coly and its temporary parallel 'Son-of-Coly' offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment