Tuesday 6 October 2015

Seaton & Colyton Sightings 2nd-6th Oct.

Pintail, Axe Estuary, 02/10/15 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Phil picked up 2 of these female-type Pintail flying up the estuary on Friday, but I only phonescoped one. A 1st Winter Med Gull was also present.On Sunday, I noticed 4 1stWinter Common Gulls from Tower hide so they've started moving in for the winter.  In Colyton, I had a flock of 20-30 Siskin fly over Ridgway yesterday during an all-too-brief break in the torrential rain. I failed to catch up with Steve Waite's Firecrest but I'm hoping to get one in Colyton soon. A walk along the Coly from Chantry Bridge produced immature Grey Wags. but still no Dippers, even though I walked beyond Ratshole Gate. Hope we haven't lost them, I'm going to try a different stretch of river soon.

2 comments:

  1. Had a juv Dipper just up from Ratshole Gate about a month ago. Been checking the Umborne until that time too, but nothing there unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete