Thursday 16 April 2015

Spring Gets A Second Wind

Sedge Warbler ( Copyright T D Wright )
Well, immediately after my last post I went to Seaton Marshes and realised that new birds were arriving. I saw and heard my first Sedge Warbler this year at the Borrow Pit then saw my first Common Sand from the Hide. This encouraged me to go to BHM and I wasn't disappointed. 30-40 Sand Martin were there, and from Tower hide I saw my first Whimbrel and Greenshank. Today (Thursday) Tim White had a Red Kite over Colyton and when I scanned the sky looking for it I got my first Swift this year over the Church. Things are happening now, KH had a Gropper reeling this morning at Bunts Lane too. Long may it continue!                                      
Blackcap ( Copyright T D Wright )
I still need to get a really good Blackcap pic!                                                    
Little Owl ( Copyright T D Wright )
The same could be said for Little Owl!                                            
Swallow ( Copyright T D Wright )
And a flight shot of a hirundine would be an achievement. The House Martins have just arrived to join the others so it's 'Game ON' from here on. I may have to go away soon but don't worry, any halt in posting will only be temporary. See you all soon!

1 comment: