Wednesday 8 April 2015

Easter Weekend Goodies

Linnet ( Copyright T D Wright )
Plenty of these around BHM still. Shouldn't they stop flocking and start breeding?                       
Slavonian Grebe ( Copyright T D Wright )
This has turned into a 'stayer',as they say. It ranges from Fisherman's Gap to Beer. Still present at Easter. Also offshore on Saturday were 2 Sandwich Terns fishing far out so no pics. Anyway, having seen the local Mullet crucified by Ospreys on Good Friday, I wondered what astonishing sight might astound us on Easter Sunday. A few new waders about- LRP on BHM, several Dunlin and a Sanderling from Tower Hide which I thought might be best bird of the day. I mean, we don't get many Sanderling so I thought I was a real hero when it got 'twitched' by local year-listers. I saw them depart from Coronation Corner in a hurry which I presumed meant that their spouses were waiting to dish up the dinner. Suddenly my phone rang-"Penduline Tit Field Centre!" I legged it down the track and was greeted by Kevin Hale, who'd put the news out. "There's 2 of 'em" I was told. Naturally, the negative news from Darts Farm made us think these were they, but anyway who cares, they're just fantastic aren't they?                                                                                                   
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Penduline Tit ( Copyright T D Wright )
Love that black 'bandit mask'! More on next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment