Monday 18 April 2016

Crazy Sunday Afternoon

Montagu's Harrier, Colyford Common, 18/04/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Montagu's Harrier, Colyford Common, 18/04/16 ( Copyright T D Wright )
When I noticed a visitor had written Hen Harrier on the board at The Lookout I asked around but people suggested that it was just the Marsh Harrier that's been around. Bumping into Phil, he said we ought to check out Coly Common anyway so off we went. The first thing that happened was that Phil spotted a Red Kite over Bridge Marsh. Excellent! I got it in my bins but then a ringtail harrier flew into my field of view. I quickly suggested to Phil that it looked more like a Montagu's to me! Much haste then ensued, as Phil had his camera ( I didn't have mine - D'oh! ) and grabbed some shots. We then got messaged by Tim White who'd got the Kite from Tower hide. " Go on, then. Tell him about the harrier" said Phil, so I fired off a quick message to Tim only saying Monty's as Phil was sending a group text to everyone else. Hope we didn't leave anyone out... anyway, the bird then showed on and off until quite late; so this morning we all hoped it would still be around and so it proved. The Kite too...and I had my camera. More pics later!

1 comment: