Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Balcony That Kept On Giving

Short-toed Treecreeper, Portugal, October 2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Hoopoe, Portugal, October 2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
Shall I Take A Dip? ( Copyright T D Wright )
Let's Do It! ( Copyright T D Wright )
Portuguese Tree-of-Lifers, Nov. 2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
This was the view from my balcony.  Yes, that's right- a whacking great pine tree blotted out the Sun! To some people, this would be a negative development but to a birder, well, it turns your balcony into your own private Canopy Hide! Complete with hot drinks too. I thought about calling it 'The Crest Hide'  as I could watch Firecrest, Crested Tit and the stunning Hoopoes complete with their crests on display. Add to this the Blue-wingers, Collared Doves, Jays, Short-toed Treecreeper, Serin, Robin, Sardinian Warblers and Chiffchaffs ( small birds showed nicely in that line of bushes on top of the wall ) and I'd built up quite a nice garden triplist. I hadn't even been for a walkabout yet, never mind drive anywhere! The Yellow-legged Gulls were omnipresent in the area too and dropped in to gobble my kitchen scraps if the other opportunists didn't get there first. Some Canopy Hide pics and videos on next post.                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment