Tuesday 28 November 2017

Firecrest, Marsh Tit & Bramblings

Leaving Darts at 4pm on Friday I decided there wasn't time to walk through Goosemoor so legged it back to Topsham Train Station. Amazingly, on the walkthrough that avoids the level crossing I had brief views of a Firecrest which hopped over the wall into a private garden. It's always worth having your bins round your neck and not in your bag!
      On Saturday, a walk around Colyton saw a good variety of birds including a 'hotspot' where a feeder had four species of tit visiting ; Blue, Great, Coal & Marsh Tit ! Alright, we know that Marsh Tits are about in Jobblehayes, Holyford Woods and Axmouth (I've seen them before along the road up to Axe Cliff Golf Club) but I can't recall seeing them in a Colyton garden prior to this.
Brambling, Library Picture, Copyright T D Wright 
On Sunday, I finally slogged uphill to Stafford Cross area with the bike (at least it's downhill coming back !) and saw at least 6 Brambling , including 2 males, among the Chaffinches and House Sparrows there. I couldn't get any bloggable pics so here's some old shots just to add a little colour to my dour old blog...
Brambling, Library Picture, Copyright T D Wright
Hmmm, that's enough. Otherwise, there are still plenty of Redwing, Fieldfare & Mistle Thrush around Colyton and Hawfinches at Shute Barton, Shute Churchyard and along the lane to the car park (is it Haddon's Lane?). I checked the Little Egrets at Colcombe farm but so far no Cattles. Lots of Sparrowhawks though...
Sparrowhawk, Library Picture, Copyright T D Wright
 OK, my photos are all coming up lopsided! Please view whilst reclining like the Romans used to. End of post!

No comments:

Post a Comment