Thursday 19 October 2017

Quick Update

I've not had much time - or much luck - for birding this week. Today, I managed a quick walk along Seaton beach but all the Portuguese Men O' War (hope useaproperplural finds that acceptable!) were gone so too late for me to add to the vast array of photographs of 'em. Still, I did see a Wheatear on the beach and the Bar-tailed Godwit was flying around the bay with its Oystercatcher mates before returning to the estuary.
                                      I've not connected with the Firecrest & Hawfinch influx yet but I'm trying to find them around Colyton ... which could take a while. Last night, I walked back from the bus stop in the dark and could hear Redwing-like calls overhead. Shame I couldn't see if they were Starlings or other thrush species mimicking them. A sonograph would help but I don't carry that sort of equipment around with me! Happy birding everyone 😈😊 !

No comments:

Post a Comment