Thursday 19 November 2015

Colyton Black Redstart 19/11/2015

Black Redstart, Library Pic, ( Copyright TD Wright )
Black Redstart, Library Pic, ( Copyright T D Wright )
A walk around Sidmouth Road Cem. and Colyton Picnic Site today just produced more Fieldfare, Redwing, Blackbird, Mistle & Song Thrush; plus 4 species of tit and 3 of finch, plus a very red-faced male Sparrowhawk, a real corker. As I prepared to put the bins away walking back along Church Street, I got a nice surprise. My first ever Colyton Black Redstart ( at least since I started blogging ), which looked quite like the one in these photos...I think it was a first-winter ( but as I've mentioned on past posts, some authors state that ageing in the field can be tricky with these ). Anyway, it performed well on rooftops including the Town Hall and even my own! I looked from my kitchen window and saw it again, so an indoor tick too I suppose. Now come on Colyton, where's that Crag Martin?

No comments:

Post a Comment