Saturday 2 June 2018

Damselfly sp.

Damselfly sp., Borrow Pit, 06/05/2018 (Copyright T D Wright)
Wonder if the Garganey ate it?, Borrow Pit, 06/05/2018 (Copyright T D Wright)
Before finding the drake Garganey at Borrow Pit early in May, I photographed this damselfly which I still can't make up my mind about. It appears to have white pterostigma (or pseudo-pterostigma) which made me think of female demoiselles. However, it seemed too small and knowing the amount of variation within blue damselfly species I started to think of them. It's not apparent from these pics but I think I recall seeing a reddish tint to its eyes.( It's almost a month ago now so is possibly a casualty of my limited computing opportunities due to work commitments and the fact that EDDC's library computers are often not working when I visit them). I'm still not sure what I had though! Can any damsel experts help me out with the I.D. ? Comments welcome...
Damselfly sp., Borrow Pit, 06/05/18 (Copyright T D Wright)
Damselfly sp., Borrow Pit, 06/05/2018 (Copyright T D Wright)

No comments:

Post a Comment