Wednesday 8 November 2017

Black Redstart

Red Admiral, Couchill/Bunts Lane 08/11/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Black Redstart, Seaton, 08/11/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
I treated myself to a stroll along West Walk in the Sun today and kept going along the beach to Seaton Hole and up to Couchill. It seemed as if all this effort was for scant reward as only 4 Bullfinches, 2 Stonechats and 8 Goldcrests plus usual tits & finches and so on had been seen by the time I retraced my steps and headed for the town centre. A Red Admiral plus Buzzard & Kestrel at Bunts lane seemed a little disappointing. No Firecrests, Hawfinches or Black Redstarts this Autumn for me! Oh well... Suddenly, however - just when I least expected it - a male Black Redstart hove into view between  two houses in Seaton! Unfortunately, it was in a very shady area and my camera was set for the perpetual bright sunshine (all day long!) so my pics are in silhouette as it was flushed by another chat species and didn't reappear. Good thing it was a male with a massive white wing-panel then...
Black Redstart, Seaton, 08/11/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Black Redstart, Seaton, 08/11/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Red Admiral, Couchill/Bunts 08/11/17 (Copyright T D Wright)
Finally had to throw in a couple of Red Admiral shots just to record the fact that they've been exceptionally abundant this Autumn. Just need to find myself a crazy-eyed cherrycracker now...

No comments:

Post a Comment