Monday 9 October 2017

For Non-Twitterers

Just so those of you who don't get my tweets can catch up with anything of note really. Yes, I have had complaints! An adult Yellow-legged Gull found by IMc on Saturday 7th Oct. was my only reward from Tower hide, although people had earlier seen Cattle Egret (at Seaton marshes today) and a Bittern drop into the reeds 'opposite' Tower. We still had a couple of waders about but many have moved on. 5 Dunlin looked suspiciously like alpina birds. One each of Little Stint, Greenshank and Ruff was all I could muster besides the Blackwits, Curlews and Oyks plus the increasing numbers of Lapwing and Redshank. A Marsh Harrier eluded me but was well seen by other locals and photographed by Sue Smith I believe. I checked Colyton Wastewater Treatment Works Sunday but only had Browncap, Chiffchaffs & Goldcrests there. A couple of Stonechat along Cownhayne was an improvement on nothing...oh and Siskins are about so  'listen up' too! Redwings very soon I reckon...

No comments:

Post a Comment