Monday 17 October 2016

Yellow-legged Brightens Wet Weekend

Grass Snake, Colyton, 16/10/16(Copyright T D Wright)
Grass Snake, Colyton, 16/10/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
Grass Snake,Colyton, 16/10/16 (Copyright T D Wright)
This very small snake held me up on my way down to Cownhayne on Sunday. On Saturday I'd given Colyton's Sidmouth Road Cemetery a go but without much success so I spent Sunday at Seaton Marshes and Black Hole Tower. SM produced little of note but Tower Hide was excellent with all of Friday's waders still present (Little Stint, Curlew Sand., Ruff, 2 Grey Plover and 8 Dunlin). Among the gulls were 2 Commons and quite a few LBBs plus a decent number of GBBs. Just before dusk, I noticed an adult YL Gull bathing which I presume was SW's one from Saturday. I took some phonescoped video but I'm having trouble downloading again! After the YLG flew off with all the gulls the estuary, swamped by the incoming tide, was suddenly swarming with Pied Wagtails all over the islands; at least 200 I'd say. Nice end to the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment