Monday 20 July 2015

Knot Another Blogging...

Knot, Axe Estuary, 19/07/2015 ( Copyright T D Wright )
I arrived at Tower Hide where a visiting birder told me there was nothing about last night. As he prepared to leave, I started to scan BHM and called him back for a summer-plumaged Knot! He'd clearly been looking the other way as it was quite a striking bird, still very orangey-red in the Sun, although my phonescoped picture of it is unfortunately in the shade and doesn't do it justice. It flew past us and onto the estuary by the time I Mc arrived, then flew back to BHM where it showed again from Island hide. As you can tell, we don't get many Knot...Exe birders must take them for granted but not those of us who live near the Dorset border...here's some video of it too!                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment